Formation of regulated nanostructures in Al alloys using severe plastic deformation processing…
• improving the mechanical and functional properties;
• expanding the areas of innovative applications
Ultrafine-grained aluminum alloys
The formation of an ultrafine-grained (UFG) structure in the Al-Cu-Mg aluminum alloy contributes to the fabrication of ductile materials with a strength increased by 50% as compared with the strength of the coarse-grained counterpart subjected to standard treatment. UFG alloys can be used as structural materials operating at temperatures up to 170оС.
Typical structures in the UFG Al-Cu-Mg aluminum alloy with an average grain size of:
(a) 200 nm; (b) 500 nm
Properties of the ultrafine-grained Al-Cu-Mg aluminum alloy
State and billet dimensions
Ultimate tensile strength,
Elongation to failure,
Fatigue endurance limit,
UFG, diameter 20 mm, length 100 mm
- E.Khafizova, R.Islamgaliev. Effect of severe plastic deformation on the structure and mechanical properties of the aluminum Al-Cu-Mg alloy. JOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 63 (2014) 012081.
- R.K. Islamgaliev, E.D. Khafizova, O.B. Kulyasova, K.M. Nesterov, A.V. Ganeev, E.R. Golubovskiy, M.E. Volkov. The microstructure and fatigue of ultrafine-grained Al-Cu-Mg alloy. Acta Physica Polonica. A128, 4 (2015) 633-636.
- E. Khafizova, R. Islamgaliev, V. Sitdikov. Strength and fatigue of an ultrafine-grained Al-Cu-Mg alloy. MATEC Web of Conferences. 129 (2017) 02039.