Tel./Fax: +7 (347) 2729877, e-
Georgy Raab is Head of the Laboratory for Severe Plastic Deformation (SPD) Technologies and an inventor of such SPD processes as ECAP-Conform, ECAP with parallel channels, Multi-ECAP-Conform and others. The main area of the laboratory’s activity is the experimental study of the equal-channel angular pressing technique, aimed at fabrication of bulk ultrafine-grained billets from ductile (Cu, Ni, Al) and hard-to-deform (Ti alloys, tungsten, molybdenum) metals and alloys.
Currently Georgy Raab is the leader of several research projects funded by RFBR and the Russian Science Foundation.
In the last 5 years, he has published 133 papers and 1 monograph. His h-index is 21 (WoS).
- G. Raab The innovation potential of ECAP techniques of severe plastic deformation // IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 63 012009 (2014).
- G.G. Maier, E.G. Astafurova, E.V. Naydenkin, H.J. Maier, G.I. Raab, P.D. Odessky, Dobatkin S.V. Annealing behavior of ultrafine grained structure in low-carbon steel produced by equal channel angular pressing, Materials Science and Engineering A. 2013. Vol. 581. P. 104-107.
- G.G. Zakharova, E.G. Astafurova, E.V. Naydenkin, G.I. Raab, S.V. Dobatkin. The evolution of structure and mechanical properties of Fe-Mn-V-Ti-0,1C low-carbon steel subjected to severe plastic deformation and subsequent annealing, Materials Science Forum. 2012. Vols. 715-716. P. 994-999.
- E. Fakhretdinova, G. Raab, O. Ryzhikov, R. Valiev Processing ultrafine-grained Aluminum alloy using Multi-ECAP-Conform technique // 2014 IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 63 012037.
- Raab G.I., Raab A.G., Shibakov V.G. Analysis of shear deformation scheme efficiency in plastic structure formation processes // Metalurgija, 2015, vol.54, No 2, P.423-425.
- E.I. Fakhretdinova, G.I. Raab, M.M. Ganiev Development of force parameters model for a new severe plastic deformation technique – Multi-ECAP-Conform // Applied Mechanics and Materials Vol. 698 (2015) pp 386-390.
- D. V. Gunderov, A. V. Polyakov, I. P. Semenova, G. I. Raab, A. A. Churakova, E. I. Gimaltdinova, I. Sabirov, J. Segurado, V. D. Sitdikov, I. V. Alexandrov, N. A. Enikeev, and R. Z. Valiev. Evolution of Microstructure, Macrotexture and Mechanical Properties of Commercially Pure Ti During ECAP-Conform Processing and Drawing, Materials Science and Engineering A – Structural Materials Properties Microstructure and Processing Vol. 562, 128-136, 2013.
- I. P. Semenova, A. V. Polyakov, G. I. Raab, T. C. Lowe, and R. Z. Valiev. Enhanced Fatigue Properties of Ultrafine-Grained Ti Rods Processed by ECAP-Conform, Journal of Materials Science Vol. 47, No. 22, 7777-7781, 2012.
- A.G. Raab, D.A. Aksenov, R.N. Asfandiyarov, I.S. Kodirov, G.I. Raab. Development of severe plastic deformation methods for the production of contact wires from a Cu-Zr alloy for high-speed railways IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 447 (2018) 012088.
- Raab G. I., Aksenov, D. A., Asfandiyarov R. N., Raab A. G., Kodirov I. S., Janecek M. Characteristics of the stress-strain state and structural changes in axisymmetric samples under sign-alternating deformation by free and constrained bending. Letters on Materials 9 (4), 2019 pp. 494-498.
- R.N. Asfandiyarov, D.A. Aksenov and G.I. Raab. Study of the processing of long-length billets by continuous free bending, IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 672 (2019) 012018.
- M. Janeček, T. Krajňák, J. Veselý, P. Minárik, D. Preisler, J. Stráský, A.G. Raab, G.I. Raab and R.N. Asfandiyarov. Microstructure evolution in a CuZr alloy and CP Ti processed by a novel technique of free bending in rotating rollers, IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 672 (2019) 012006.
- D.A. Aksenov, R.N. Asfandiyarov, G.I. Raab, A.G. Raab and M. Janeček. Stress-strain state and structure of pure copper and Grade 4 titanium after free bending, IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 862 (2020) 052081.
- Georgy Raab, Farid Utyashev, Rashid Asfandiyarov, Arseniy Raab, Denis Aksenov, Ilyas Kodirov, Miloš Janeček and Tomáš Krajňák. Physical and Technical Foundations of the Use of Alternating Free Bending for Producing Long-length Semi-products from Metals and Alloys with Improved Mechanical Properties, Metals 10 (2020) 879.
- Russian Federation patent #2484175, IPC C22F1/08, C22C9/00. Cu-Cr system ultrafine copper alloy and method of its production / R.K. Islamgaliev, K.M. Nesterov, G.I. Raab, R.Z. Valiev; application date 24.10.2011; publication date 10.06.2013.
- Russian Federation patent #2478130, IPC C22C14/00, C22F1/18, B82B3/00. Beta-titanium alloy and method of its thermomechanical treatment / I.P. Semenova, G.I. Raab, A.E. Medvedev, V.V. Polyakova, R.Z. Valiev, Joshiteru Jasuda, Toshikatsu Nanbu, Joshio Kavashita; application date 21.10.2011; publication date 27.03.2013.
- Rusian Federation patent #2448794, IPC C22F1/08, C22C9/00. Device for straining billets with producing combined intensive plastic deformation /A.M. Ivanov, R.Z. Valiev, G.I. Raab, D.V. Gunderov; application date 26.12.2008; publication date 27.04.2012.
- Russian Federation patent #2417857, IPC B21J 5/06, B21C 23/00. Method of deformation processing of metal rod-like workpiece/ G.I. Raab, D.V. Gunderov, R.Z. Valiev, N.G. Baushev; application date 11.01.2010; publication date 10.05.2011.
- Russian Federation patent #2386511, IPC B21J5/06, B21C23/01, C21D7/10, Method of deformation treatment of metals / A.M. Ivanov, R.Z. Valiev, G.I. Raab, application date 28.05.2007; publication date 20.04.2010.
- Russian Federation patent #2379148, IPC B21J5/06, B21J13/02, C22F1/04 Method of metal pressing and device for its implementation / A.F. Shajakhmetov, A.V. Botkin, R.Z. Valiev, G.I. Raab, R.R. Akbashev; application date 07.04.2008; publication date 20.01.2010.
- Russian Federation patent #2347633, IPC B21C1/00 Method for production of ultrafine-grained semi-finished products by drawing with shift / G.I. Raab, A.G. Raab; application date 12.11.2007; publication date 27.02.2009.
- Russian Federation patent #2347632, IPC B21C1/00 Device for drawing and production of ultrafine-grained semi-finished products / G.I. Raab, A.G. Raab; application date 12.11.2007; publication date 27.02.2009.
- Russian Federation patent #2519078, IPC B22D11/06 Method of combined casting, rolling and forming and device to this end / G.I. Raab, S.B. Sidel’nikov, N.N. Dovzhenko, E.I. Gimaltdinova, application date 11.10.2012, publication date 10.06.2014.
- Yu.T. Zhu, T.C. Lowe, R.Z. Valiev, V.V. Stolyarov, V.V. Latysh, G.I. Raab, “Ultrafine-grained Titanium for Medical Applications”, US Patent No. 6,399,215 of March 2000.
- Yu.T. Zhu, T.C. Lowe, R.Z. Valiev, G.I. Raab, “Continuous ECAP”, US patent No. 7,152,448 of December 2006.