Leader of the Research Group for Bulk Nanostructured Aluminum Alloys for Electrical Engineering and Structural Applications, Senior Researcher, PhD (Cand.Sci.)
Tel.: +7 (347) 2734449, e-
Maxim Murashkin graduated from Ufa State Aviation Technical University (Ufa, Russia) in 1993 with the speciality of Machines and Metal Forming Technology. From 1993 until 2003 he worked at the Institute for Metals Superplasticity Problems of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IMSP RAS). In 2002 he defended his PhD thesis on the topic: «Structure and mechanical properties of commercial Al alloys 1560 and 5083 of the Al-Mg-Mn system processed by severe plastic deformation» in the speciality of Materials Science (Machine Building) at IMSP RAS.
Since 2003 Maxim Murashkin has been working at IMPAM USATU (initially as researcher, and since 2011 as senior researher).
At present the main area of his research activities is the development of the principles for enhancement of mechanical and performance properties of Al alloys for structural and electrical engineering applications, using severe plastic deformation.
The total number of his publications in Russian and international journals and conference proceedings is over 170.
Since 2016 he has published 69 papers, including 38 in journals indexed by Web of Science. In the past 5 years he has authored 5 patents and 3 monographs.
The main areas of research activities of the grop headed by Maxim Murashkin include:
• Al-based conductor materials with enhanced strength, electrical conductivity and heat resistance (chemical compositions, thermomechanical treatment (TMT) regimes, SPD processing);
• Principles of designing regulated/gradient nanostructures in Al alloys for electrical-engineering or structural applications, using TMT, including that with the use of SPD;
• Microstructure analysis of Al alloys by optical microscopy, electron microscopy and X-ray structural analysis, and measurement of functional properties (electrical conductivity, static and cyclic strength, heat resistance, corrosion resistance, and corrosion protection methods);
• Nanostructurted Al alloys produced by new methods of powder metallurgy combined with SPD processing: structural features, physical and mechanical properties, innovation potential.
His h-index in journals indexed by Web of Science is 26, and in those indexed by Scopus – 29.
Selected publications (in the past 5 years):
- M.Yu. Murashkin, I. Sabirov, X. Sauvage, R.Z. Valiev Nanostructured Al and Cu alloys with superior strength and electrical conductivity // Journal of Materials Science 51 (2016) 33–49, DOI: 10.1007/s10853-015-9354-9
- M.Yu. Murashkin, I.Sabirov, A.E. Medvedev, N.A. Enikeev, W. Lefebvre, R.Z. Valiev, X.Sauvage Mechanical and electrical properties of an ultraﬁne grained Al–8.5 wt. % RE (RE=5.4wt.% Ce, 3.1wt.% La) alloy processed by severe plastic deformation // Materials and Design 90 (2016) 433–442, DOI: 10.1016/j.matdes.2015.10.163
- Y. Nasedkina, X. Sauvage, E.V. Bobruk, M.Yu. Murashkin R.Z. Valiev, N.A. Enikeev Mechanisms of precipitation induced by large strains in the Al-Cu system // Journal of Alloys and Compounds 710 (2017) 736–747; DOI: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2017.03.312
- V.D. Sitdikov, M.Yu. Murashkin, R.Z. Valiev Full-scale use of X-ray scattering techniques to characterize aged Al-2wt.%Cu alloy // Journal of Alloys and Compounds 735 (2017) 1792-1798, DOI: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2017.11.282
- A.M. Mavlyutov, A.S. Bondarenko, M.Yu. Murashkin, E.V. Boltynjuk, R.Z. Valiev, T.S. Orlova Effect of annealing on microhardness and electrical resistivity of nanostructured SPD aluminium // Journal of Alloys and Compounds 698 (2017) 539–546, DOI: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2016.12.240
- A.E. Medvedev, M.Y. Murashkin, N.A. Enikeev, R.Z Valiev, P.D Hodgson, and R. Lapovok Optimization of Strength-Electrical Conductivity Properties in Al–2Fe Alloy by Severe Plastic Deformation and Heat Treatment // Advanced Engineering Materials 20(3) (2018) 1700867, DOI: 10.1002/adem.201700867
- A. Medvedev, A. Arutyunyan, I. Lomakin, A. Bondarenko, V. Kazykhanov, N. Enikeev, G. Raab and M. Murashkin Fatigue Properties of Ultra-Fine Grained Al-Mg-Si Wires with Enhanced Mechanical Strength and Electrical Conductivity // Metals 8 (2018) 1034; DOI: 10.3390/met8121034
- A.E. Medvedev, M.Y. Murashkin, N.A. Enikeev, R. Z. Valiev, P.D. Hodgson, R. Lapovok Enhancement of mechanical and electrical properties of Al-RE alloy by optimizing rare-earth concentration and thermo-mechanical treatment // Journal of Alloys and Compounds 745 (2018) 696–704, DOI: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2018.02.247
- Nguyen Q. Chinh, Tamás Csanádi, Jenő Gubicza, Ruslan Valiev Correlation between strain-rate sensitivity and viscous properties derived from dynamic nanoindentation of ultrafine-grained Al–Zn alloys // MRS Communications 9 (2018) 310-314, DOI: 10.1557/mrc.2018.226
- E.V. Bobruk, M.Y. Murashkin, V.U. Kazykhanov, and R.Z. Valiev Superplastic Behavior at Lower Temperatures of High-Strength Ultrafine-Grained Al Alloy 7475 // Advanced Engineering Materials 21 (2019) 1800094, DOI: 10.1002/adem.201800094
- Y. Zhang, S. Jin, P.W. Trimby, X. Liao, M.Y. Murashkin, R.Z. Valiev, J. Liu, J.M. Cairney, S.P. Ringer, G. Sha Dynamic precipitation, segregation and strengthening of an Al-Zn-Mg-Cu alloy (AA7075) processed by high-pressure torsion // Acta Materialia 162 (2019) 19–32 DOI: 10.1016/j.actamat.2018.09.060
- Y. Liu, M. Liu, X. Chen, Y. Cao, H.J. Roven, M. Murashkin, R.Z. Valiev, H. Zhou Effect of Mg on microstructure and mechanical properties of Al-Mg alloys produced by high pressure torsion // Scripta Materialia 159 (2019) 137–141, DOI: 10.1016/j.scriptamat.2018.09.033
- Y. Zhang, S. Jin, P. Trimby, X. Liao, M.Y. Murashkin, R.Z. Valiev, G. Sha Strengthening mechanisms in an ultrafne-grained Al-Zn-Mg-Cu alloy processed by high pressure torsion at different temperatures // Materials Science and Engineering: A 752 (2019) 223–232, DOI: 10.1016/j.msea.2019.02.094
- A.E. Medvedev, M.Yu. Murashkin, N.A. Enikeev, I. Bikmukhametov, R.Z. Valiev, P.D. Hodgson, R. Lapovok Effect of the eutectic Al-(Ce,La) phase morphology on microstructure, mechanical properties, electrical conductivity and heat resistance of Al-4.5(Ce,La) alloy after SPD and subsequent annealing // Journal of Alloys and Compounds 796 (2019) 321–330, DOI: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2019.05.006
- T.S. Orlova, T.A. Latynina, A.M. Mavlyutov, M.Yu. Murashkin, R.Z. Valiev Effect of annealing on microstructure, strength and electrical conductivity of the pre-aged and HPT-processed Al-0.4Zr alloy // Journal of Alloys and Compounds 784 (2019) 41–48, DOI: /10.1016/j.jallcom.2018.12.324
- Elena V. Bobruk, Xavier Sauvage, Nariman A. Enikeev, Ruslan Z. Valiev Influence of fine scale features on room temperature superplastic behaviour of an ultrafine-grained Al-30Zn alloy // Materials Letters 254 (2019) 329-331, DOI: 10.1016/j.matlet.2019.07.097
- Nguyen Q. Chinh, Gergely Rácz, Jenő Gubicza, Ruslan Z. Valiev, Terence G. Langdon A possible stabilizing effect of work hardening on the tensile performance of superplastic materials // Materials Science & Engineering A 759 (2019) 448-454, DOI: 10.1016/j.msea.2019.05.063
- R.Z. Valiev, V.U. Kazykhanov, A.M. Mavlyutov, A. Yudakhina, N.Q. Chinh, M.Yu. Murashkin Superplasticity and High-Strength in Al-Zn-Mg Alloy with Ultrafine Grains // Advanced Engineering Materials (2020), 22, 1900555, DOI: 10.1002/adem.20190055
- Nguyen Q. Chinh, Péter Szommer, Jenő Gubicza, Moustafa El-Tahawy, Elena V. Bobruk, Maxim Yu. Murashkin, and Ruslan Z. Valiev Characterizing Microstructural and Mechanical Properties of Al–Zn Alloys Processed by High-Pressure Torsion // Advanced Engineering Materials (2020), 22, 1900672, DOI: 10.1002/adem.201900672