Professor, PhD (Dr. Sci.), Deputy Director for Research and Methodology, Head of the Research Group for the Physics of Strength and Ductility
Tel.: +7 (347) 2735244 , email: email@example.com
Rinat Islamgaliev is an expert in the area of physical metallurgy of bulk nanomaterials produced by severe plastic deformation. He is the author of 2 monographs, 3 study guides and over 240 papers in the leading Russian and foreign scientific journals. His citation index is 8236, his h-index value is 28 (www.elibrary.ru).
Dr. Islamgaliev is the research leader of the Russian state contracts #14.740.11.0134, # 14.B37.21.0738, performed under the Russian Federal Target Program «Scientific and Academic Specialists for Innovative Russia» for the period of 2009-2013; state contracts # 11.519.11.3009, # 14.513.11.0041 under the Russian Federal Target Program «Research and Development in the Priority Areas of Russia’s Science and Technology Complex for the period of 2007-2013»; RSF projects # 15-19-144, # 19-10-00496; RFBR projects # 10-08-00983, # 15-08-06163.
He is a member of Dissertation Board #Д212.288.11 for Nanotechnologies and Nanomaterials at USATU. Under his supervision, 6 PhD theses have been defended.
As a professor, he gives lectures on X-ray diffraction and electron microscopy, as well nanostructured metals and alloys, for undergraduate students of the Department of Materials Science and Metal Physics, USATU.
He has presented oral reports at many international scientific conferences, including: NanoSPD3, 22-26 September 2005, Fukuoka, Japan; ICSAM-2006, 23-26 June 2006, Chengdu, China; TMS Annual Meeting, 25 February – 1 March 2007, Orlando, USA; NanoSPD4, 18-22 August 2008, Goslar, Germany; NanoSPD5, 21-25 March 2011, Nanjing, China; the 2nd International Conference on Materials for Energy ENMAT II, 12-16 May 2013, Karlsruhe, Germany; NanoSPD6, 30 June – 4 July 2014, Metz, France; NanoSPD7, 2-7 July 2017, Sidney, Australia.
Selected papers for the period of 2016-2018:
- K. Islamgaliev, M.A. Nikitina, V.D. Sitdikov. Thermal stability of TiAl-based intermetallic alloys subjected to severe plastic deformation. Materials Science and Engineering A. 651 (2016) 306-310.
- Tang, Y.H. Zhao, R.K. Islamgaliev, C.Y.A. Tsao, R.Z. Valiev, E.J. Lavernia, Y.T. Zhu. Enhanced strength and ductility of AZ80 magnesium alloys by spray forming and ECAP. Mater. Sci. Eng. A. 670 (2016) (280-291).
- Tang, Y. Zhao, N. Liang, R.K. Islamgaliev, R.Z. Valiev, Y.T. Zhu. Localized deformation via multiple twinning in a Mg-Gd-Y-Zr alloy processed by high-pressure torsion. Mater. Sci. Eng. A. 677 (2016) 68-75.
- Lukáč, J. Čižek, J. Knapp, I. Procházka, P. Zháňal, R.K. Islamgaliev. Ultrafine grained Ti prepared by severe plastic deformation. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. 674, 1 (2016) 012007.
- Lu, L. Lu, X. Liao, K.M. Nesterov, R.K. Islamgaliev, R.Z. Valiev, K. Liu. Hardness, electrical conductivity and thermal stability of externally oxidized Cu-Al2O3 composite processed by SPD. Journal of Materials Engineering and Perfomance. 26, 5 (2017) 2110-2117.
- V. Karavaeva, M.A. Nikitina, A.V. Ganeev, R.K. Islamgaliev. High-strength state of ultrafine-grained martensitic steel produced by high pressure torsion. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 179, 1 (2017) 012037.
- K. Islamgaliev, M.A. Nikitina, A.V. Ganeev, M.V. Karavaeva. Effect of grain refinement on mechanical properties of martensitic steel. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 194, 1 (2017) 012025.
- B. Kulyasova, R.K. Islamgaliev, R.Z. Valiev. Microstructure and mechanical properties of ultrafine-grained Mg-Zn-Ca alloy. Defect and Diffusion Forum. 381 (2017) 39-43.
- Tang, Y. Zhao, N. Liang, R.K. Islamgaliev, R.Z. Valiev, Y.T. Zhu. Microstructure and thermal stability of nanocrystalline Mg-Gd-Y-Zr alloy processed by high pressure torsion. Jounal of Alloys and Compounds. 721 (2017) 577-585.
- Khafizova, R. Islamgaliev, V. Sitdikov. Strength and fatigue of an ultrafine-grained Al-Cu-Mg alloy. MATEC Web of Conferences. 129 (2017) 02039.
- А.V. Ganeev, M.А. Nikitina, V.D. Sitdikov, R.K. Islamgaliev, H. Effects of the Tempering and High-Pressure Torsion Temperatures on Microstructure of Ferritic/Martensitic Steel Grade 91. Materials. 11, 43 (2018) 627-636.
- Kulyasova, R. Islamgaliev, E. Parfenov, Y. Zheng, R. Valiev. Microstructure, mechanical and corrosion properties of ultrafine-grained Mg-2%Sr alloy. IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 380 (2018) 012014.
- Kulyasova, R. Islamgaliev. The effect of structural changes on the mechanical properties of the Mg-1%Zn-0.2%Ca alloy processed by ECAP. IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 380 (2018) 012013.
- K. Islamgaliev, K.N. Ramazanov, M.V. Karavaeva, A.V. Ganeev, M.A. Nikitina, R.D. Agzamov, E.L. Vardanyan, G.G. Enikeev, I.I. Yagafarov, Yu.G. Khusainov. Structure and Propertiesof Ultrafine-Grained Steels with Ion-Plasma Coatings. Мoscow: Innovatsionnoe Mashinostroenie Publ., 2017. – 227 p. (in Russian).
- K. Islamgaliev, M.A. Nikitina, A.V. Ganeev, V.D. Sitdikov. Strengthening mechanisms in ultrafine-grained martensitic steel. Materials Science and Engineering A. 744 (2019) 163-170.
- D. Sitdikov, R.K. Islamgaliev, M.A. Nikitina, G.F. Sitdikova, I.V. Alexandrov, W. Wei. Analysis of precipitates in UFG metallic materials. Phil. Mag. 99, 1 (2019) 73-91.
A. Hoffman, H. Wen, R. Islamgaliev, R. Valiev. High-pressure torsion assisted segregation and precipitation in a Fe-18Cr-8Ni austenitic stainless steel. Materials Letters. 243 (2019) 116–119.